I. Vintage 1959-1966
1. VINTAGE BARBIE® DOLL
2. VINTAGE BARBIE® DOLL FAMILY
3. VINTAGE BARBIE® DOLL FRIENDS
4. VINTAGE DRESSED BOX DOLLS
5. VINTAGE OUTFITS NRFB
a. Fashions for Barbie® Doll
2. Fashions for Family of Barbie® Doll
3. Fashions for Friends of Barbie® Doll
6. VINTAGE GIFT SETS
7. VINTAGE PAK MOC
8. VINTAGE OUTFITS - MATTEL FASHIONS
II. Mod World 1967-1971
9. MOD BARBIE® DOLL
10. BARBIE® DOLL MOD FAMILY
11. BARBIE® DOLL MOD FRIENDS
12. MOD BARBIE® DOLL OUTFITS NRFB
13. MOD OUTFITS FOR FAMILY OF BARBIE® DOLL NRFB
14. MOD OUTFITS FOR FRIENDS OF BARBIE® DOLL NRFB
15. MOD GIFT SET
III. Outfits could be released outside of the USA
16. VINTAGE BARBIE® DOLL IN VINTAGE OUTFIT APPROPRIATE TO DOLL
17. VINTAGE BARBIE® DOLL FAMILY IN VINTAGE OUTFIT APPROPRIATE TO DOLL
18. VINTAGE BARBIE® DOLL FRIEND IN VINTAGE OUTFIT APPROPRIATE TO DOLL
19. MOD BARBIE® DOLL IN MOD OUTFIT APPROPRIATE TO DOLL
20. MOD BARBIE® DOLL FAMILY IN MOD OUTFIT APPROPRIATE TO DOLL
21. MOD BARBIE® DOLL FRIEND IN MOD OUTFIT APPROPRIATE TO DOLL
IV. Licensed Products
22. VINTAGE MATTEL BARBIE® DOLL & FAMILY AND FRIENDS
23. MOD MATTEL BARBIE® DOLL, FAMILY, AND FRIENDS
24. CONTEMPORARY BARBIE® DOLL, FAMILY, AND FRIENDS
V. MIX & MATCH - DOLLS IN SEASONAL ATTIRE
25. VINTAGE OR MOD MATTEL FEMALE DOLL IN CONTEMPORARY MATTEL OUTFIT
26. VINTAGE OR MOD MATTEL MALE DOLL IN CONTEMPORARY MATTEL OUTFIT
27.CONTEMPORARY MATTEL FEMALE DOLL IN VINTAGE OR MOD MATTEL OUTFIT
28.CONTEMPORARY MATTEL MALE DOLL IN VINTAGE OR MOD MATTEL OUTFIT
29. SILKSTONE DOLL IN NON-SILKSTONE SWIMSUIT
Creative Categories are judged on originality, creativity and expression of theme.
VI. Single Doll
30. A twist on the original Enchanted Seasons Barbie® Doll. Let's see your big poofy handmade wonderful gowns.
31. Seasonal Sprite. Think of the mythical series or Bob Mackie for your inspiration. Outfit must be slim fitting and feel free to use out of the ordinary materials.
32. Holiday Hostess. If the series continued what would the 4th of July have looked like? Let's see your interpretation using a single vintage repro Barbie® doll. She must have at least 2 or more props/accessories just like in the original line.
33. Season of The Witch. Any witch from television, movies, books or folklore. May be set in a small scene that includes back drop. Back drop should be 18" high and 10" wide. If an original Mattel witch doll is used, it must be redressed and not in the original attire except for shoes. Up to 3 accessories/props may be used to set the scene.
34. Barbie® Doll Style Set. Let's see your mini you! Box display with clothing, doll and accessories must mimic the set above. Doll displayed in underwear or simple outfit ready for dressing. 2 outfits max.
Dioramas should be 2 or more dolls in a scene no bigger than 24"x 24".
35A. SPRING CLEANING/YARD SALE
35B. SUMMER CAMPIN' N GLAMPING
35C. Fall Americana - Depict a scene from yesteryear a la Charles Wysocki/Currier & Ives.
35D. WINTER FUN
36. Mini diorama 14 x 14 x 14 Interpret a song, book, tv. movie or poem that uses the word season. Incorporate the title in your work.
All work must be original and owned by the entrant.
37. Celebrating Midge™ Doll's 60th Birthday - Then and Now with 2 photos.
Photos not to exceed 8 x 10 each. Can also be side by side on the same page. Feel free to use a collage pic app and #Midgestyle on the now photo.
One needs to be a vintage Midge™ Doll Black & White photo and the other a current color photo using any Midge™ doll from 1993 or later. Let's see Midge™ Doll lnsta!
38. City Seasons photo
Your twist on Seasons in the City- but pick a city that hasn't been used before. Outfit can be Mattel
manufactured or hand made. Can use photoshop or other photo rendering tools.
All artwork must be original - can be hand drawn or computer generated.
39. Sticker Sheet
Draw a variety of stickers of at least 2 various sizes depicting some seasonal influences - 6 minimum. Size no larger than 8 1⁄2 x 11 "- may be printed on sticker paper but not required.
40. Design a Cut N Sew/ or Sew Free Pattern
Coordinate looks for Barbie® doll and Barbie® doll's friends. Minimum of three coordinating pieces.
41. Greyscale Midge™ Doll Challenge
Remember that wonderful episode of Life in the Dreamhouse to celebrate her 60th? Midge™ doll was animated all in black and white as well as an IRL version designed by Bill Greening. All tones used must be tones of black, grey and white. You can catch his clip on YouTube.
She can be wearing Friday Night Date or any other vintage reproduction. Upcycling vintage fashion is allowed so get out your dyes and paints!
X. Exhibition Display
42A. Childhood Doll You Still Have
42B. Mommy Made Outfit